The safety and wellbeing of our tenants, colleagues and contractors remains our number one priority and we understand that many of you will have growing concerns around the Coronavirus Pandemic. We want you to know that My Blackpool Home are taking measures to minimise the disruption of our services and the potential spread of the virus to our tenants, staff and contractors. We are constantly monitoring this situation and will continue to follow the latest advice and guidance as provided by the Government.
Current measures include
- Limiting all non-essential face- to – face contact where appropriate, this includes annual property checks and home visits – unless deemed essential.
- The office at Lytham Road is continued to be closed to the public. If you need to contact us please call the office on 01253 477222 or email email@example.com – we kindly ask all customers to contact us for emergencies only at this time.
- These comprise of: emergency repairs, emergency viewings referred from the Housing Options Service and any work that ensures we remain compliant under health and safety regulations. Social distancing is crucial to combat Coronavirus. The safety of our colleagues and customers is paramount and it is clear we must all take stringent action to prevent the spread of this disease.
- We have issued all customers with a letter informing them to contact us if they or a household member is self –isolating or has been in contact with anyone with confirmed COVID-19. If this is you please contact the office.
- All contact with customers will initially be via the telephone and you may be asked a series of questions relating to symptoms of the COVID-19 virus before a MBH staff member or contractor enters your property.
If you wish to report an emergency repair call the office on 01253 477875 (opening hours 9.00 am to 5pm Monday to Friday). Our out of hours service is still operating the number is 08000730184.
In line with government guidelines to support both our customers and colleagues we are currently only completing emergency repairs. If you have already reported a repair it will be assessed and if it is an emergency at this time it will be completed. Any new repairs will only be taken if they are an emergency. We will advise customers when full service resumes at which point you can then contact us with your repair.
We understand that some of our customers circumstances may have changed due to the impact of the Coronavrius and that you may now have concerns regarding the ability to pay your rent. We want to reassure MBH tenants that we are here to support you and if you have any concerns about your ability to pay your rent please contact us. We will work with you and provide advice about any benefits you may be entitled to.
As this is an evolving situation we will be updating our website and social media over the coming weeks and months. We will use our website and Facebook pages to keep you informed.
You can read all about the Coronavirus and learn how to spot the signs and symptoms by visiting the Government website. This information changes frequently so we suggest you check this webpage regularly.
Stay home and stay safe,
The MBH team.