Give the correct notice to your landlord
We must receive at least 4 weeks’ notice in writing. This can be hand written and delivered to our office or sent by email to email@example.com
Check your rent account is up to date
All rent needs to be paid prior to vacating. You will be charged rent up until the day your keys are returned.
Clean your home thoroughly and leave in a good decorative order
Pay particular attention to bathrooms and kitchens. Cupboards should be cleaned internally and ovens should be cleaned prior to vacating.
Notify your utilities that you have left
Make sure you take final meter readings and give them to your gas, electric and water companies.
Ensure all furniture and belongings have been removed
If you wish to recycle unwanted furniture, the following local charities may be able to help you:
- Refurb Ltd – Tel: 01253 873371 www.refurbproject.orgexternal link
- Furniture Matters – Tel: 0800 1692407 www.furniturematters.co.uk
- British Heart Foundation – Tel: 01253 464100 www.bhf.org.uk
- Your garden should be clear of rubbish and the grass should be cut
- Deliver your keys to the required person on the required date
- Keys are to be brought to our office by 5pm on the final day of your tenancy
Do you want your bond back?
To ensure you receive your full bond back you will need to ensure you have fulfilled the above criteria.
Any costs incurred by My Blackpool Home will be deducted from your bond and if these fund are not sufficient to cover the cost then any extra costs will be chargeable to you. Rent will be charged daily until keys are returned.