Domestic Violence & Protection from Abuse

Support for victims

Our staff will offer support to residents who are victims of domestic abuse. This support may be direct through ourselves or through other local agencies that are able to give appropriate support.

Action against perpetrators

We will adopt a multi-agency approach in dealing with perpetrators of domestic abuse against residents. This will include working with the police and appropriate local authority departments, but may involve other organisations and agencies.

What is abuse?

Abuse can be described as a single or repeated act or lack of appropriate action occurring within any relationship where there is an expectation of trust which causes harm or distress to a vulnerable person. It may be carried out by an individual, a group or an organisation.

It is never easy to talk about suspected abuse, but we all have a duty to protect any person who may not be able to act for themselves in these circumstances. It may be the carer and vulnerable adult require a little more support and don’t know who to ask.

Who do I report it to?

  • Your Housing Services Officer
  • Your local police station
  • Social Services or your social worker (if applicable).
  • Any one you can trust or who you feel can help you.
  • Please call us on 01253 477222 or email if you would like to discuss any of these issues with a member of staff.


Domestic abuse affects the whole family. Don’t suffer in silence, talk to someone that can help. In an emergency, always dial 999.



  • Domestic abuse includes any incident of threatening behaviour. 
  • Domestic abuse can be psychological, physical, social, financial or emotional. 
  • Domestic abuse and can happen once every so often or on a regular basis
  • Domestic abuse can happen to anyone
  • People suffer domestic abuse regardless of their social group, class, age, race, disability, sexuality or lifestyle 
  • The abuse can begin at any time 


Support services and contact details:


Lancashire Police 

Non-emergency enquiry line: 101

Fylde Coast Women’s Aid (FCWA)

Offers free advice and support to individuals living in Blackpool, Fylde & Wyre who are experiencing or have experienced domestic abuse, stalking and child sexual exploitation. Contact: 01253 596699

National Domestic Abuse Helpline

If you, or someone you care about, is experiencing domestic abuse, you can phone The National Domestic Abuse Helpline to discuss your options: Call 0808 2000 247

Lancashire Victim Support

If you have been a victim of crime, whether recently or in the past, we are here to help. We provide emotional support, information and practical help, regardless of whether you have reported the crime to the police: 0300 3232 0085


Galop National Helpline

Our helpline is for LGBT+ people experiencing abuse or violence, such as hate crime, domestic abuse, sexual violence, so-called ‘conversion therapy’ or any other kind of abuse. Call: 0800 999 5428. Email:


24/7 Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Line

We are a service for anyone aged 16+ in England and Wales who has been affected by rape, child sexual abuse, sexual assault, sexual harassment or any other form of sexual violence – at any point in their life. This includes people who have experienced sexual violence or abuse themselves, as well as their friends, family or anyone else who is trying to support them. Call: 08085002222. Email: